Adopting Katie

Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007

It seems strange that in about three weeks I will be heading back to Russia to complete the process of becoming a MOM! We (Cindy and I) need to go a day earlier than due to booked flights. That's ok. It means that we may have to spend the night in Moscow and then go to Tver on Tuesday. Hey, whatever works!

We leave Sunday, March 11, and will arrive on March 12. Court is March 16th. I am still nervous about court, but it is just one more hurdle in this long process. I hope that all goes well that day and that I can go and get her from the baby home that same day! I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying a lot of prayers for this. (Including that the 10-day waiting period will be waived. The judge could impose a 10 day waiting period on the adoption, which would mean that we would be in Russia longer than originally planned.) I am just so ready to be a Mom, and I want everything to go smoothly. However, some things are out of my control. That is the hardest part for me. I know that they want what is best for the children, but so do I. I truly believe that the sooner I can have Katie in my life, the better things will be for us, and especially her. I have a doctor's appointment already set up a few days after our scheduled return. I will be calling tomorrow the early childhood programs that the local schools provide and will arrange for evaluation times with that. While I realize that the greatest benefit for Katie will be a loving, forever home, I know that there are people who specialize in helping children like Katie catch up with their development and can assist them on the road to independence.

So, all I can do now is finish up the paperwork and such, prepare for court (which I am hoping Kelly and Jeana can help me with, too), and hope and pray.

May my little Katie be home soon,

Christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home